Lily, Vanessa and I have finally finished our collaboration piece, we all had a rough idea of what the final outcome would be but we couldn’t know for sure because they were constantly changing.
We added several materials including newspaper, chalk, wax, moss, leaves and other scraps found. Vanessa also added her own little touch by including a small bone on each painting.
Working in this way enabled us to work on the project without necessarily having the rest of the group present, we stayed in touch to share ideas and update the group on what we’ve done so far.
We decided to hang the photographs below the paintings to show where the original ideas and interpretations came from. Vanessa had an amazing idea to hang and preserve items found around the city as well.
To continue on from this project i would definitely experiment with more close up images, abstract painting, collect more items from the city and preserve them. Maybe present the items as their own separate piece.